Antique Tractors Forum banner

Ensuring a hot dry summer

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  trail twister 
#1 ·
Seems in the past when we've had a Winter season like this past one, we've had a hot, long, dry Summer to follow. As in, drought conditions from late June well into Autumn. Just to ensure that I'll be packing water from the creek......if I'm right. My plants from Gurney's arrived yesterday, and today. The red raspberry, and blueberry plants arrived yesterday. The Belle of Georgia Peach trees arrived today. Plants are in pots until they revive from their shock, and the trees are in their spot in the orchard.

#2 ·
I have been worried about the same thing. We remain abnormally dry. We have had sprinkles for the last two days and as much as a trace will go into the record books. We only had a few days of mud over the winter. When working up our garden plots what moisture that is there is gone in a couple of days. The next time we warm up for a few days yards will begin to turn brown.

#4 ·
We would like to have warmer days that stick around. We had 4 decent days last week and now it is back into the 40's.

#5 ·
We ended up with nearly 3 inch's above normal moisture for march, that includes a combo of rain (mostly) and snow (a little). Now in April just a little half over we are again nearly 3 inches above normal rain. I am really getting sick of all the mud I have to navigate when out with my pups for our daily walk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.