Antique Tractors Forum banner

early garden

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jwal10 
#1 ·
With it raining every couple of days, the early garden ain't going to be early this year. Not complaining ,glad to have this rain.

Reactions: Wi11y
#3 ·
I was lucky enough to get some things out when it was dry and warm two weeks ago, today. I've got taters, onions, radishes, spinach, and lettuce sprouted. With no more rain forecast till Tuesday, it should be dry enough here by Sunday to work some more ground.

#5 ·
Taters are popping through the ground. Some carrots and leafy greens starting to appear. Earliest onions have been slow to take off. Later ones are coming up nicely. Cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower are showing off. I have tomato plants plenty big to plant, they need to harden a bit. I am hoping that after warming and drying for a few days that we can get some of the warmer weather veggies in the garden later next week.

Reactions: Wi11y
#6 ·
Patiently waiting for warmer weather. Trying to slow them down a little. We have another batch on the way that will be ready in about 3 weeks.

#7 ·
AS a former NW North Dakota farm boy; I have seen wetouts= very late planting and I have seen the "NO HARVEST EQUIPMENT" even started or readied. Believe me the wet is better!

#8 ·
Been wet here the last 2 days with plenty of wind yesterday. I pulled some radishes and picked a few peas yesterday from the raised bed on the south side of the cabin. I have tomatoes set on the plants in big tree pots that I move in and out of the garage in case of frost. I picked 2 zucchini from a raised bed with a hoop. Another week and will need to pick spinach for the second time. Tulips are blooming, daffodils are done....James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.