Antique Tractors Forum banner

Experimental or Rare Case 200?

10K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  NickatKY 
#1 ·
Hi there! I am in need of information regarding an odd case tractor I have. This tractor was acquired locally some years ago and I cant seem to find any information on it. At first glance, it appears to be a 210 or 211 case, but it's the ID tag that is throwing me off. It says Model: EXP 200 SN: 1. To me, it seems EXP stands for experimental, but I can't find any literature regarding experimental Case tractors.

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated. I am just hoping to make contact with someone who could point me in the right direction.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Though I'm not up to speed on Case tractors history, I'm thinking you're leaning in the right direction.
Nickatky would be able to tell you, but I haven't seen him around the site for some time.
I sent him a message. Hopefully he will get it.

Reactions: Lovesthedrive
#4 · (Edited)
It looks like you have an Experimental 211B. Look for the EXV prefix on the casting numbers. The EX is for experimental and the V is for Rock Island plant where it was built. It does not have to have any experimental castings to be an experimental tractor, but if you have experimental castings it is positive proof that a tractor is experimental. Look at the engine block and head for experimental castings, as the 200 had it's own engine (126 cubic inch).Also if you can post the engine serial number I can compare it to some of mine. I have several Case experimental tractors including a 300 roundnose experimental which was built with a VAC engine. I believe this tractor was part of the research that lead to the development of the 200 series tractors. Below is a pic of my early 300 prototype showing an experimental casting number on it. If you click on the picture it will take you to my Photobucket album on my experimental tractors.
If you would like to sell it I would be interested. Nick

#13 ·
I am selling it for my cousin, as I have been known to wheel and deal a few things ;). As for price...I know of a 210b and a 211b that brought around $4000, so it is going to be up from there.

Also, before anyone else asks, I am located in central Illinois near Galesburg.

Willy, I don't think your wife would mind taking a few cold showers so you could get your hands on this gem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.