Antique Tractors Forum banner

Case 400 Restoration

14K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  400stanley 
#1 ·
Hello all, just registered to this forum. Hoping to gain from experience of others with regard to this restoration. We are fixing up my fathers Case 400 Standard. The serial # is 8068001 and the model is 410. We are located in southwestern Ontario up here in Canada. Got a few things on the go so far. Have the rear rims off for rebuild and paint. Dad always ran fluid as it was his loader tractor. There is some old calcium chloride in there to get rid of. Have to rebuild the brakes. Can anyone tell me the specs on the seals for the shafts that come out the brakes. Lots of old oil and dirt in there so I figure the seals are done. As well I put a kit in the carb (M/S TSX 616) but when I try and start it it just backfires. I had the distributor out so could have put it back in out 180. Would this cause the backfire and no start situation. Sheet metal is not too bad but I need new fenders and a grill. Any suggestions on where a fellow could source these.
Lots for the first post, looking forward to hearing lots of ideas
Have a good day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.