Antique Tractors Forum banner

I shouldn't have gone out Saturday......

9K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  pogobill 
#1 ·
.....to get some supplies from Southern States, and then go by the paint store.
Then I wouldn't have come back by the Jeep dealer, and this wouldn't have caught my eye.
I wouldn't have stopped to look at it, just to find out it had all the bells and whistles that
my bride wanted plus a couple more, and I wouldn't have brought it home........but I did.
2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice ride! Haven't seen one of these on the roads here yet.

#3 ·
Dave,
Great addition to the family! I am sure the wife will enjoy a new ride too.
You did good!
Regards,
Chris

#4 · (Edited)
Jimmy, I came up behind one at a stop light some time ago and the tail lights caught my eye.
Reminded me of jerry cans on a Jeep, and I was right. That was the idea behind them.
Jeep had fun with this car. There are Jeep grill and headlight logos all over it. Even on the reflector in the headlights.
On the right edge of the windshield there is a Jeep climbing a mountain. Inside the gas cover there is a spider.
On the bottom edge of the back window there is a Yeti climbing a mountain.
The rubber mat in the catch all between the front seats is a topical map with elevation points.
That's just what I saw looking it over at the dealership. I'm curious what else we might find as time goes by.

Chris , It's her car. I haven't driven or ridden in it yet. Don't know when I will. I prefer my truck. She took it for a test drive. We had our youngest dog with us, and also I didn't want to mar the interior with my prosthetic leg if we didn't buy the car.
I can't get into and out of a vehicle without leaving my mark anymore. Even as big as the doors on my truck they are scuffed.

#5 ·
Dave does the windshield fold down towards the hood? Haw Haw Haw! I would have put a smilie of some sort here but they do not work well with this puter.

#6 ·
I've seen them but don't know what to think of them yet. They are a little different looking but you can't stop change. They did come out with a Jeep Comanche pickup concept that is kinda cool.

It outta be a good little vehicle for your wife.

#7 ·
We rode through the local Dodge dealer lot last Thursday. There were several, 15 or so that I could see, new-style Renegades there. I guess they will be showing up on the roads here soon.

#8 · (Edited)
#9 ·
I finally drove it Saturday. Rides nice, good throttle response and tight steering. Smooth yet firm suspension.
Rides kindda like a Wrangler with sports car steering. One can feel the road. Not as stiff as a truck, but not like a passenger car.
It's a Jeep thing. ;) After all it is built for off-roading. I would have been a bit disappointed if it rode like the Honda.
A bit confining for my frame. I had to recline the seat back more than I do in my truck to keep my head from touching the top.
Then I like to sit straight up to just a bit leaning forward when I drive. I wouldn't recommend it to those over 6' for a daily driver.
The rear window is small to see out with the rear view mirror. Didn't bother me as I always use my side mirrors, from years of driving cargo vans for work. All in all a nice little Jeep.

#14 ·
Really nice truck for Tammy! Bert and Dave yall are makin' it tough for the rest of us whose brides haven't had a new vehicle in a while.

Reactions: Lovesthedrive
#15 ·
That's a beautiful truck Bert. No doubt she enjoys it. I love the powerful rumble of a V8.
I bet it'll get the groceries home before the ice cream even starts to melt.;)

#16 ·
.....to get some supplies from Southern States, and then go by the paint store.
Then I wouldn't have come back by the Jeep dealer, and this wouldn't have caught my eye.
I wouldn't have stopped to look at it, just to find out it had all the bells and whistles that
my bride wanted plus a couple more, and I wouldn't have brought it home........but I did.
2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Doggone Dave, that thing looks cool !! I was following one on the interstate just last week and approaching from a distance at the rear, I was wondering how he broke both tail lights out and why taped them both back in with white tape in the shape of an 'x'.

So startled by my focus on the X's when they turned out to be the back up lights, I failed to see WHAT kind of vehicle it was. First glance at your third picture and I busted out laughing because now I found out. Btw, exact same color too. Ya done good sir.

#17 ·
I Like my Jeep none made like it today, Like pick up trucks have all been made up for the sissy city slickers.

No padded dash but a grab handle for the passenger, no floor mats but drain plugs when the mud/dirt gets to deep you can hose it out.

No worry about where I carry the load either.

Took us and the boat into some deep dark Canadian places.

I did buy Kare a 2015 dodge Journey in March, She refuses to drive a stick and my pick up and the jeep both are and I can't drive them for a while yet either,

:D Al

#18 ·
AL, This was her daily driver for about 15 years. A '95 Wrangler. I bought in '98 with 16000 miles on it. Last model with the steel dashboard, leaf springs, I-6, and "plain Jane" interior. Not many "creature comforts" other than a radio and heater. I didn't care much for the square lights, but the only body plastic was the fender extenders. I would have liked to keep it, but I only keep two vehicles for daily drivers. I won't have one just mostly sitting. My 3/4 ton farm truck is my daily driver, and her off road play toy is hers.

She had wanted a new Wrangler, but didn't like what they have morphed into. Said if she was gonna get something like that she wanted better gas mileage. This video helped her decide that this little Renegade is as off road capable as she will ever use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gthrdNtQuJQ

#19 ·
My daughter wanted a wrangler too. Like me she hated the looks of the rectangle head lites so was going to buy a used CJ 7 like mine. 1998 how ever they went back to the round head lites.
She bought one of those.

I keep the CJ around because my 1 ton dodge can't go where the CJ can and the Dodge tows it fine to deer camp. We also still ever once in a while find a old logging road in Canada to take us to a fishing hole were we see no one while there.

:D Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.