Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Eagle Hitch Equipment

Gordon asked me to post some pics of Eagle Hitch Equipment.
    I have traveled quite aways to get a lot of the equipment.In my area most of the eagle hitch equipment consists of 2 or 3 bottom plows.I have been collecting Case stuff since 1996.There are not any other serious Case collectors in my county.I have friends from different areas that have helped me find a lot of the stuff I have.My dad, brother and collectors of other brands in my area are always on the lookout for Case stuff for me.I owe these people a big Thanks.I try to locate at least 3 items in an area to make these trips worthwhile.
    I worked full time and farmed for almost 20 years.I still work full time at a power plant.I used old equipment to farm as I mainly raised tobacco and it doesn't take new equipment to raise tobacco.After I retired from farming in 2006 I started traveling.I have got to see a lot of this great country while collecting .My collection is close to having what I want,with only a handfull of pieces left I would like to have.
    Here is a pic of my Case Eagle hitch Utility Carrier.It came from a fellow Case man about 100 miles from me.

Here is a pic of my Case E-18 eagle hitch plow.I found this one in Massilin,OH about 415 miles from me.

I think this is a M-34 eagle hitch plow.It is a good match for a roundnose 300 or 311b.I got this one from a friend at work.I also got a 311 from him.It took me 20 years to buy them from him.The tractor has a busted block.

E-16 or E-18 eagle hitch plow.I got this from a good friend of mine in Indiana.

Case E2-L eagle hitch lister planter.This planter came from the Houston,TX area.The seller told me that they planted corn in the furrow made by the middle busters.they used gravity flow irrigation to fill the trench if needed to get the corn up.They would then use the middle busters to hill the corn up and irrigate between the rows after the corn got bigger.Most of these planters used press wheels like the planters in our area,but he told me that they only used 2 shanks per row to cover the seed.I traded the seller a 2 bottom IH pull type plow to meet me below Kansas City MO on one of my trips.

Case E-26D eagle hitch disc plow.This came from a friend in Virginia.

Very similar to the above plow,but I believe it will also fit the SC/DC models as it has 2 holes for the toplink.

Case ERC-2 rear eagle hitch cultivator.This came from the same friend in Virginia.

Case 602 Rotary Field Cutter.This one came from eastern PA.It needs a lot of work,but they are hard to find.

Case VAC-14 with EDH-24 Disc Harrow and P-8 Case Roller.The tractor Came from Fountaintown IN just east of Indy,The disc came from Peosta,Iowa which is west of Dubuque IA.the roller came from a local auction in the 90's.

Case E-9t Field Tiller this one came from Maryville Tenn.I tried to get the guy to come down from 200 on it and he said "Son that's a CASE Field Cutivator and I aint Taking no less for IT!!!" so I said I'll take it,and do you want me to mail you a check? He said no that my word was good enough.I was a little nervous until I was able to go get it.

Case Number 10 Eagle Hitch Loader.This one came from central Illinois.I hade to do a little wor on it but it is in good shape and I got the tine attachment and dirt pan for it!!

The bucket will latch in the dump postion from the tractor seat allowing you to grade with it.
    My hopes are to video all of my equipment in use and put them on youtube.It will take me many years as a lot of the equipment needs work.I hope to raise soybeans,wheat,corn and hay on a very small scale with all Case equipment.I hope to have field days and invite fellow collectors.This will take several years for me to get set up to do.
    Thats about all the time I have for now.
    Nick
    VA,S and D series Case Tractors
    Eagle Hitch Equipment

Thanks

Re: Eagle Hitch Equipment

Wow, great collection! I've got a carryall, 2 bottom plow, and sickle bar mower.
    1949, 1951 Case VAC's, Ford 2600, 4100, 3550 Ind., IH 560
    Gravelys: L's, LI's, L8, C10, 524, 5460, 8102

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ingcud80px.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ropped-1-1.jpg

Thanks

All I can say is WOW! You've got pieces I never new they made. We have the 2x12 plows a set of disc plows and a couple of mowing machines one 6ft one 7ft. The turning plows and mowing machine were bought in 52. Grandpa had one of the single cultipackers like that but it got gone in time. You have got to have the most complete collection I have seen and if you do make vidoes or have a field day please let us know. Thanks so much for taking the time to post I appreciate it very much.

Thanks

Very nice collection. Growing up on the farm we had a 401 Case diesel for the big tractor. It had a loader, 3x16" plow, 10' coil tine cultivator, 3 section folding rotary hoe and a disk. We had a SC with eagle hitch and a few pieces for it, 2 bottom plow and a cultivator. Dad got a DC later just for the power to fill silo, it only had the hyd. lift. I liked the SC but the DC was too hard for a skinny little 12 year old to steer and the brakes were not good. Most of the time it sat at the blower, either at the silo or the barn. Dad filled the huge barn loft with loose chopped hay, chopped into the side unload feed wagon with a forage chopper. We didn't have to touch hay. We pitched it into a feed cart and dumped it into a hopper so a conveyor could fill the feed manger...James

Thanks

Nickatky You have sure got a nice collection of Eagle Hitch equipment. They is several piceses of equipment that I haven't seen before but sure glad you posted the pictures.

Thanks

I have an E11 loader, B2S rotary hoe, E26D disk plow, EC16W 2 way plow, E24R break way plow, and recently picked up a K series toolbar planter. I had a 45E planter but Nick talked me out of it!
    Lots of Quality CASE Equipment Serviced and Used Here!

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the compliments.
    jwal10;
    Thanks for the story.Would love to hear more.Do you have any pictures from back in the day?
    I grew up with a 8n ford,massey 55 diesel,130 farmall and a 311b Case.Dad did not have any eagle hitch equipment.We used a deere 2-14 3pt plow,small massey baler,8'deere wheel disc,66 allis combine,6' bush hog and the factory Case loader & mounted cultivators with it.
    Thanks,Nick
    VA,S and D series Case Tractors
    Eagle Hitch Equipment

Thanks

Dad was all Farmall (well except that very early Fordson) F-12 and F-20's and then an H. When he came to Oregon in early '40 he brought his '39 H behind a 36 IHC 1 ton truck. When he bought the dairy in Monmouth in '53 it came with an M and a TD9 dozer to go with his H. In '61 he traded for the Case 401 as the M was wore out and he wanted a diesel tractor and live PTO. The SC was a neighbors that retired and Dad liked the hyd cultivators as his old H had no hyds. The H was tipped over twice on the hill behind the house and was wore out in '65 or so and he got the DC for the power for PTO silo filler. Dad had a bad falling out with the IHC dealer 12 miles away and went to Albany to deal with the Case dealer, they also sold Gehl and he bought a silo filler, self unloading wagon and forage chopper from them. I left home in '68 at 12 and didn't run tractors much except the H and SC as I was very small and frail. The 400's seat was set back way to far for me and the one time I was allowed to drive it home I some how kicked it out of gear and it took off downhill and I was bouncing in the seat so much I never was able to use the brakes, just kept it on the farm road until I slowed down on the next hill and got it stopped. Let big brother get it home. Don't remember operating it again. Dad farmed 400+ acres with the 401, silage corn, pasture, a little grain and a lot of grass/clover hay and silage. He had a 3-16" tag plow for the M and the TD-9 but really liked the eagle hitch plow, especially for our big garden. The coil shank cultivator and rotary hoe was used a lot. The SC was mostly used cultivating. I don't remember ever using the plow. Like I said the DC was old and without brakes, was bought for the PTO horsepower. I got to run the H a lot planting peppermint. The roots were loaded on an old flatbed wagon and I got to run it down a set of rows while the big people strung the roots out in the furrows made with the coil shank cultivator with shovels mounted. 6 people planted 3-4 rows each, the rows were 12" apart, then covered with a flex harrow and roller on a diagonal. The H was our pickup, cow getter and wood hauler. We had a 1948 Chevy 4 door and a 1947 Chevy flat bed truck with dump. Dad never owned a pickup until he drug one out of a manure pile at a dairy that was used as a hog pen to raise a hog every year, the year he sold the farm and moved to town. A 1963 Chevy 1/2 ton short narrow box, 6 cyl, 3 speed. He was 80 years old and drove it for 7 years until he was in so many fender benders the DMV took his liscense. Fortuanatly he seldom drove over 35 and most of the things he hit were not moving vehicles and he was backing up at the time. He didn't know how to use mirrors and usually jerked back on the steering wheel while yelling Whoa you son of a B**** at all stop signs. Scary that he drove that old IHC truck from Maine to Oregon 2 times a year for 12 years pulling his H on an old farm implement trailer made from an even older IHC truck frame, it had wood spoke wheels. Dad in all his lifetime never made any money farming, He bought cheap farms, farmed a few years, sold at a good profit and bought another run down farm. Mom and Dad sold the last farm when he was 80, bought a new house in town with the farm sale proceeds and lived off the farm payments, 20 for 20 years. Dad died in 1995 at 94 years old. Mom died in 2003 at 83....James

Thanks

I don't have any pictures of the Cases. My little brother burned me out in 1974 when I was in the hospital after severing the fingers on my left hand. By the time I got out of the hospital everything was ruined by water damage. I have 1 picture of me on the H when I was 2 years old. I got it from my Mom's estate. Mom had a little black box Brownie camera and she probably took 20 pictures of my older brother when he was a baby, 10 of me and maybe 4 of little brother from 1955 to 1960. I have seen 3 of my Grandmother at her mobile home in her rose garden. All after Grandpa died in 1968, after I left home, in color. Looks like Mom finished the roll with pictures around the dooryard at the farm and Grandma probably paid to get it processed. I do have a copy of the Farm sale notice with a picture of the Case 401. Several years ago I saw a picture of it in on the internet, somone had taken a photo and posted it on YT I believe, it still had the duals on it as how it was sold at the farm sale. A tractor jockey friend from Salem Or bought it and resold it to Washington state....James

Thanks

I can't believe the amount of Case equipment you have in good working order. Fantastic collection, Nick. You have certainly got our interest up...