International Harvester (?) Sickle Mower -- ID and How to - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Update

I thought I'd share the rest of this story.

I bought a manual for the McCormick-Deering No.25 Tractor Mower from ebay. Clearly the correct ID, the diagrams match exactly, even the odd gear box instead of belt arrangement.

I made a completely new hold up rod and installed it, works great.

I had some trouble with a nut backing off and jamming up everything but in the end got it fixed.

The coupling (breakaway) bar wouldn't stay on no matter what I did, it seemed like it *couldn't* fall off, then it would, over and over. I finally cross drilled the top of it and put a retaining clip through it. That works...

I'm just putting up with the pinch bolt PTO shaft since I haven't been able to find any way to replace it yet.

Still, I cut about 5 acres of hay with it yesterday and today, so it works.

Thanks again.

2. # ADS

Thanks
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you got it working.
    No matter where you go.......There you are.

Thanks
    Started haying a little here too. After about 15 minutes my hayrake lost a bearing. Our farming adventures can certainly change in a hurry.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

5. Remove Advertisements
    AntiqueTractorsForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Well; spent a good part of the morning drilling out a broken 9/16 grade 8 bolt on the radius rod rear anchor on a good friends IH 806. Then I had to retap it to restore the threads. They used some pretty good bolts, a real bugger to tap. Then went to another friends farm that bought a Ford 900 from the first guy, and had to heat the fender bolt nuts for removal so that I could replace the sway bar anchors. At 75deg. and running a torch in the sun, pretty much kicked my butt. Just got home from that, and our Vol. Fire Dept. had a car fire, fully involved within 6 feet of a garage with an apartment above it. Local farmer that used to be with the Dept. stopped and helped keep it controlled until we could get there. Melted the siding off the garage, the apartment windows were open so it got some smoke damage. The two poor yellow labs. inside were scared to death, sure glad they were friendly when we opened the door. Busy day, and I'm pooped.

Thanks
    Although busy you had a satisfying day by accomplishing something for yourself and fellow man. Glad to hear about the Labs.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12