Antique Tractors Forum banner

Wasted no time

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jim in NC 
#1 ·
Well, my bride wasted no time finding another dog to keep Miss Flossie company. On the way home from the Vet. on Saturday she stated she wanted to wait a while before getting another. Then Sunday morning she had a change of heart. As it happened, Thursday evening we attended a fundraising event for a local pet rescue group that a friend of ours organized. My bride was telling her about Zip and Bo and she said "I've got the perfect boy for you all. A 7 or 8 month old Australian Shepherd mix." He was found in the street hit by a car on May 2, and taken to a local vet that works with this group. The vet called her and the pup has been in a foster home recovering while they tried to find his owners to no avail. His right back leg was broken, and a few toes on his left back leg. He just got healthy enough that they were going to post him for adoption in the next few days.
Upon meeting him Sunday evening I didn't see any shepherd in him. What I do see is Australian Cattle Dog aka Blue Heeler, and Border Collie. They called him Beamer, so I had to ask "Did he get hit by a BMW?" A bit yuppie for us so we're learning his personality to find a new name for him. From his look Iggy, and Jeep come to mind, and from his ordeal Lucky, but nothing is set in stone at this point.

See less See more
#2 ·
i hope he's a suitable replacement. I'm sure he's in a loving home!

#3 ·
Dave It's good to see that yall have a new best friend. Yall have made a good choice. He and Miss Flossie will work things out, and yes, he is a Lucky one.

#5 ·
Perfectly, Jimmy. He was just the personality that the family needed. A happy go lucky pup who's glad to be alive after his ordeal. We sortta kept the name he was given, Beamer, and gave it a Kentucky twist. Though I don't partake in spirits, we named him Jim Beam and call him JB. He has so many personality characteristics, and a facial expression, as our Border Collie we lost two years ago that JB also stands for Jack number two.

#6 ·
Glad to hear this Dave. Dogs posess a remarkable quality of fitting into loving homes and making a special place for themselves. Too bad that more humans can't figure it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.