Antique Tractors Forum banner

1952 JD 620 throttle increase

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Grizz 
#1 ·
Hi JD enthusiasts, I have a few old JD's and I am starting to restore them piece by piece. My 620 runs and I want to haul some logs out with it, but it will not rev up. The history on this JD is not known I traveled to Arkansas to bring it to PA. I have preformed the basics for tuning. I found the engine was full of gas in the oil so I figured the auto fuel shut off leaked, anyway I got it running but it has to run woth choke half out. It also will not rev up it will not respond to the throttle at all. Please any suggestions appreciated. Rich from PA

#2 ·
May have had carburtor float stuck open to get gas in crankcase. As as no throttle response I would take carb apart and clean everything out. Could be clogged jets. ??? Not sure what you mean by performing the basics for tuning. ??

#3 ·
First thx for any suggestions. As far as the tune up I mentioned. I installed points, rotor,cap and plugs. I took the carb off and cleaned that. As far as the gas in the oil , my thought was the auto fuel shut off leaked as that is where the oil and gas are separted by a diaphragm. I dont know anything about the govenors yet but I will :), thats what I'm leaning towards. Are JD govenors a trouble spot at times? Or are they typically not a issue ?

#4 ·
Typically not a issue. Carb is more likely or incorrectly set ignition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.