Ice Road - Driving Top of The Lake
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Machines Lover from Finla MetsaMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Ice Road - Driving Top of The Lake

    Headline tells everything...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfH7V-Lb38s

    .

  2. # ADS
     

  3. #2
    Moderator Red Kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,195
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 64 Times in 60 Posts
    Aren't you afraid of sinking to the bottom.? I've been watching Ice Road Truckers, my heart is in my mouth at places they drive on.




    “Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,937
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 127 Times in 108 Posts
    How many inches is 50 centimeters ?? That was surely a long lake MetsaMan. I'm assuming it really shortens your drive a lot in the winter cutting straight across instead of around it in the summer.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    AntiqueTractorsForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Moderator Jim in NC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colfax, NC
    Posts
    6,446
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 219 Times in 211 Posts
    2.54 cm per inch Wendell. Metsaman ever encounter a traffic jam the ice road? I know we would here just like on all other roads. It's got to provide a more direct route in the winter.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

    "Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

  7. #5
    Machines Lover from Finla MetsaMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Kiwi View Post
    Aren't you afraid of sinking to the bottom.? I've been watching Ice Road Truckers, my heart is in my mouth at places they drive on.
    Not afraid on ice that is thick like it is now.. maybe 40 cm.. I have watch that series too and driving truck on ice.. that is dangerous even is ice is very thick..

  8. #6
    Machines Lover from Finla MetsaMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missouri massey man View Post
    How many inches is 50 centimeters ?? That was surely a long lake MetsaMan. I'm assuming it really shortens your drive a lot in the winter cutting straight across instead of around it in the summer.
    It is about 20 inches, this ice road makes My trip in home 10 km shorten..

  9. #7
    Machines Lover from Finla MetsaMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NC View Post
    2.54 cm per inch Wendell. Metsaman ever encounter a traffic jam the ice road? I know we would here just like on all other roads. It's got to provide a more direct route in the winter.
    Not on this road and this is quiet country side ...

  10. #8
    Moderator prwttsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    1,542
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 57 Times in 56 Posts
    Umm, no thanks. I think I'll stay on dry ground.
    Rain makes grain

    Bruce

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •