Chronic Wasting Disease
    Thanks

Chronic Wasting Disease

Three miles from my place a deer with Chronic Wasting Disease was killed during deer season. The Missouri Dept of Conservation now sent letters to everyone within a five mile radius of the kill with notice they want to kill 170 deer indiscriminately within that area to check for additional diseased animals.

That's gonna play the devil with the local hunters for a few years if they wipe out such a great number in such a small area.

If property owners don't volunteer to kill their own, the county will give paid hunters the right to enter anyones property for any duration of time until 170 are harvested. Word has it that even spotlighting is all right, though that has not been confirmed by myself yet.

Supposedly the head (brain) and a portion of the spine (not fully confirmed) must be turned in and the meat kept or given to the local food pantry after the tests have proved negative on the respective deer.

Any thoughts from land owners or hunters out there ???

2. # ADS

Thanks
    CWD is all over the deer herd up up here. just have to bone out the deer before it gets cut up. 170 in a small area seems a lil overkill but there could be a good chance they could contain it and eliminate it, if it was a rare one time case that was found. I highly doubt it tho
    Bert.

Thanks
    A secton of eastern and western NC were essentally quarantined and eliminated hunting in different recent years. I don't remember the specific disease. There are too many of them here though. Just Saturday evening right before dark we saw 14 of them, all small, along a field/tree line. We definitely need more doe days here.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau