Gambles Farmcrest 30
    Thanks

Gambles Farmcrest 30

A recent comment here about the Gambles Farmcrest 30 happened to co-incide with finding one coming up for sale at a farm auction in April. It looks really nice but I can't save the picture. The link to the auction is
    http://fraserauction.com/auction/unr...d-tiena-stott/

2. # ADS

Thanks

Talking

If your referring to the red Cockshuitt tractor it is just a plain Cockshutt 30. Auctioneer just trying to make a silk purse out of some thing that ain't nothing special.
    Last edited by trail twister; 03-18-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trail twister View Post
    If your referring to the red Cockshuitt tractor it is just a plain Cockshutt 30. Auctioneer just trying to make a silk purse out of some thing that ain't nothing special.
    Did you read the decal on the side of the hood that says Gambles Farmcrest 30?

5. Remove Advertisements
    AntiqueTractorsForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty6 View Post
    ..... but I can't save the picture.

Rusty, you should be able to google how to take a screenshot with whatever operating system you are using on your computer. You may have to sift through several of the results before you find it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by missouri massey man View Post
    Rusty, you should be able to google how to take a screenshot with whatever operating system you are using on your computer. You may have to sift through several of the results before you find it.
    Ok,
    here is what I was able to save from the auction site. For some reason it comes out faded and hard to see. ??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    That's kinda strange Rusty. Try doing another screenshot of any picture on another site and see if it comes out frosted over. If not, its probaly something to do with the auction sites posting methods. I don't really have a clue, except that a screenshot usually copies a page just at it looks on screen.

Thanks
    I actually used the windows snipping tool to save the auction site pic. It must be that site because I had success at another auction site. Here is the result. An interesting looking Wagner tractor coming up for auction in April here in Sask.
    Wagne snip.jpg

Thanks

The Gambles Farmcrest

Not sure what I did different today but I was able to snip the photo from the auction site this morning. Pretty nice restored Gambles Farmcrest 30. Yes, it is identical to the Cockshutt 30 except for the decals. So I guess anybody could create their own if they could come up with a set of decals. Farmcrest 30.jpg

Thanks
    Cockshutt made these for Gambles, Part of trying to get into the US market. Sort of a Department store offering. Same thing with the Co-op E-3.... same tractor. Not unlike the CNH offerings these days. I have two Cockshutts, both made by Oliver! I think the Gambles are a little more rare than the Cockshutts, as perhaps are the E-3's as well.