We went to a farm clearance auction and
    Thanks

We went to a farm clearance auction and

this is what that ended up on my trailer afterwards thanks to Jay (my wife) being an enthusiastic bidder!
    Trailer contents are:
    Remains of a horse drawn hay rake - wheels and some of frame to be used to make a swing seat for the garden.
    A few old wooden chairs and table to restore.
    A go-cart for the grand kids when they get a bit bigger.
    Several old cream cans for the garden.
    Nine ¾ worn disc blades (more garden art - flower planter stand).
    As can be seen, as well as tractors, making garden art is also on my hobby list. Hopefully, over theDSC05132 (Copy).JPGDSC05133 (Copy).JPG next few months, I hope to post a few photos of these goodies being converted.

2. # ADS

Thanks
    My bride would enjoy your acquisitions. She's the furniture restorer and garden/lawn decorator around this farm.
    No matter where you go.......There you are.

Thanks
    Some nice things to decorate with. Around here the rake wheels are very much in demand and valuable.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

5. Remove Advertisements
    AntiqueTractorsForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    That second picture is calendar quality, beautiful place you got there. Nice haul. I have a go-cart that looks similar except it has big soft knobby ATV tires on it, 5hp Honda now, had a Tecumseh. I bought the thing for the kids in the 70's, been a lot of fun.

Thanks
    Quite the haul there Aussie John....by the way, I like the Chamberlain colored wheels on your trailer.

Thanks
    Actually, the trailer wheels are painted "Same Orange", the same as the orange panels on the Italian Same tractors. The trailer was painted with paint left over from when I painted my 1935 Fordson N. It is slightly more red than Chamberlain orange. Thanks for your comments jwal10 on our place. When I get a chance, I will post a series of photos taken around our yard.
    Regards,
    John

Thanks
    Your wife has a good eye , wouldn't mind some of it myself.

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie John View Post
    Actually, the trailer wheels are painted "Same Orange", the same as the orange panels on the Italian Same tractors. The trailer was painted with paint left over from when I painted my 1935 Fordson N. It is slightly more red than Chamberlain orange. Thanks for your comments jwal10 on our place. When I get a chance, I will post a series of photos taken around our yard.
    Regards,
    John
    Well shux... I couldn't really tell the difference John, not ever having seen a Same other than in pictures and I've only seen an actual Chamberlain one time in person. On a similar note, people are always mistaking the yellow on Massey Harris wheels for John Deere yellow and they are waaaay different looking. Nonetheless, it is a nice combination of colors for the trailer.