R.I.P. Mr. Rickles
    Thanks

R.I.P. Mr. Rickles

Love him or hate him....one of, if not the only public figure in America who could still use any racial or religious insult on stage and get a laugh, other than a lawsuit, has left us. Mr. Don Rickles passed away yesterday at the ripe old age of 90. One of my favorite personalities since I was old enough to watch him on t.v.
    No matter where you go.......There you are.

2. # ADS

Thanks
    I remember Mr. Rickles quite well. When I was young, I didn't care for him, but as I got older, I understood the satire in his comedy. A very good comedian. He will be missed.
    Rain makes grain

Bruce

Thanks
    If it isnt broken, dont repair it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AntiqueTractorsForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I remember him first from an Andy Griffith Show episode. I did not care much for that particular episode but later when in college saw him a lot on The Tonight Show. Reruns of it are shown on Antenna TV. Dave is right. Today people cannot laugh at themselves, and Rickles, the master of insults, could not survive society's scrutiny.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim in NC For This Useful Post:

Wi11y (04-07-2017)

Thanks
    I was never a fan, but like Bruce I too came to understand and maybe even appreciate his comedy....to a degree. I always had him and Rodney Dangerfield in the same category. Man, I'm sounding like a grumpy old downer ain't I.... but it is still sad to see these iconic figures from our younger days pass on.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by missouri massey man View Post
    I was never a fan, but like Bruce I too came to understand and maybe even appreciate his comedy....to a degree. I always had him and Rodney Dangerfield in the same category. Man, I'm sounding like a grumpy old downer ain't I.... but it is still sad to see these iconic figures from our younger days pass on.
    Wendell, that's because you just don't get no respect
    Steve
    1956 Massey Harris 333
    1948 Allis Chalmers C w/ wide front end

Thanks
    Saw part of an old Johnny Carson show last night with Glenn Campbell, Rickles, and Dom Deluise. It was hilarious and Rickles timing for his oneliners was amazing. Comedians had to work really hard in those days to say things in ways that would not be bleeped. Compared to today's fare that ability makes the old stuff funnier because viewers have to be able to interpert the intended meaning. Sometimes it takes a second or two to get it.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau