I Guess it Comes Down to Location
    Thanks

I Guess it Comes Down to Location

We traveled to SW Va. yesterday to pick up some veggie plants and stop by a favorite place, Snappy Lunch in Mount Airy, NC. With the approach of Easter and projected amount of increased travel fuel prices have increased a lot over the last.two weeks. If one follows the world price of oil there has been a decline in price over several weeks.

Prices have increased here 25-30 cents over the last two weeks. We live less than 5 miles from one of the largest petro storage and distribution terminals on the east coast. Crossing the border into Va.just a few miles from Mt.Airy we stop at a favorite country store where fuel is priced the same as it was 3 weeks ago, 30 cents less than Mt. Airy. Evidently it is cheaper to haul fuel 75 miles to sell it rather than sell it in one's own back yard????
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim in NC For This Useful Post:

Wi11y (04-14-2017)

3. # ADS

Thanks
    2.30 here in Ellsworth Maine
    If it isnt broken, dont repair it.

Thanks
    Just across the state line could be a difference in state fuel tax. I know it's $0.44/gal in KY. Not informed on other states.
    I actually saw one gas station drop their price ten cents/gal for gasoline yesterday. Kindda surprised me for Good Friday.
    No matter where you go.......There you are.

6. Remove Advertisements
    AntiqueTractorsForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Dave Va. Tax is lower than NC gas tax, and those rates have not changed in the last three weeks. My point is to show the increase in price in NC as compared to no increase in Va. over recent weeks. I never remember seeing such a big difference. I think if I had been near the Blue Ridge Parkway and tourist areas gas would be higher. In local papers today articles tell us that holiday gas prices are higher. I guess the driving public has not noticed. Their fuel comes from my backyard so one would think transportation costs would be higher. It makes me wonder if we in a more suburban setting are subsidizing the more rural areas.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

Thanks
    Location has a lot to do with it, and I understand your frustration. The second closest station to my house has been selling diesel for $2.199 for at least a year. Lower when the market dipped, but not higher. Others have fluctuated as much as twenty cents higher for brief times, and average three to five cents higher. Greed plays a part as well.
    No matter where you go.......There you are.