end of an era

Thread: end of an era

Thanks

end of an era

I'm replacing my 2003 Saturn with a 2015 Chevy Sonic. It is all most impossible to find a used car with a manual transmission anymore. This will be the first time in 47 years that I will not have at least one vehicle with a manual transmission.
    Steve
    1956 Massey Harris 333
    1948 Allis Chalmers C w/ wide front end

2. # ADS

Thanks
    Hope it serves you well. Izz there room in a Sonic for a clutch pedal? A friend here had one for a short while and said it was ok. He is about 6'6" and 270 lbs.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

Thanks
    Are you getting the sedan or mini "station wagon" model ? They are quite popular around here.
    I reluctantly had to give up my "real transmission" vehicles twelve years ago, when I lost my clutching leg.
    No matter where you go.......There you are.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AntiqueTractorsForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Jim, yeah there's room for a clutch pedal. it's one of the few cars that yoiu can get a manual transmission in, but I would had to have ordered a new one.

Dave, it's a sedan. Diane has a HHR, so I don't need a station wagon.

When you tell a car salesman you want a manual. they look at you like you have 2 heads
    Steve
    1956 Massey Harris 333
    1948 Allis Chalmers C w/ wide front end

Thanks
    I know what you mean, I luv swapping cogs.

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”

Thanks
    With the 2 hip replacements a stick transmission in my pickup was no longer an option pulling trailers in city traffic. So reluctantly when I decided to get a new pickup it had to be an automatic.
    Our last manual was a Toyota car with a very nice 5 speed.
    just rjR

Let me write about your collection; real or toys. I have a high published to submitted ratio.

Thanks
    You know........... The flip side is. Todays cars dont use keys per se`. Usually it is just a fob and when you walk away the car will stall and fail to run. While standards are great for towing, they no longer are the best thing for fuel economy. Otherwise I hope you got a hybrid. Something wicked easy on fuel.
    If it isnt broken, dont repair it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 4imnotright View Post
    Jim, yeah there's room for a clutch pedal. it's one of the few cars that yoiu can get a manual transmission in, but I would had to have ordered a new one.

Dave, it's a sedan. Diane has a HHR, so I don't need a station wagon.

When you tell a car salesman you want a manual. they look at you like you have 2 heads
    Some of the newer cars I have seen have very little front foot room on the driver's side. I'd surely have problems in them with my big feet. My daughter drives a manual transmission Mustang and it is difficult for me to press the brake and clutch at the same time.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim in NC For This Useful Post:

Wi11y (04-19-2017)

Thanks

Cool

I just got the wife a new pick up for me to drive. First shiftless truck ever owned by this family. When I say shift less I mean shift less there is not even a lever to pick a direction you want to go forward or reverse. No way I would have bought a 1/2 ton shiftless for my self.
    Manual transmissions still get better fuel economy than that shift less crap.

Been married 32 years and stubborn wife refuses to learn to use a stick shift. Daughter could stop my stick shift Jeep in the middle of a hill in two try's and drive away with out stalling or jerking.

But she isn't stubborn and will listen to a man teller what to do with out arguing.
    Last edited by trail twister; 04-20-2017 at 07:31 AM.