Last Night's Heavy Thunderstorm....
    Thanks

Last Night's Heavy Thunderstorm....

Brought us lots of wind, funnel clouds nearby, and took down several trees in the area. It left us another pile of firewood in the edge of the woods less than a hundred feet from the front of the house. I have found no other damage so far. A neighbor up the driveway has a leaning tree into another one that will have to be taken down before it does damage. We are so thankful.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim in NC For This Useful Post:

Wi11y (05-02-2017)

3. # ADS

Thanks
    Not surprised that tree came down. I am surprised it stayed up as long as it had. Locals here would call it brown hearted.
    If it isnt broken, dont repair it.

Thanks
    Willy the tree is on the fence line and to see it before it fell one would never know it was rotten instde. I am thankful it went where it did. If I had cut it that is where I would have wanted it. I hate to see the majestic trees fall though.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim in NC For This Useful Post:

Wi11y (05-02-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    AntiqueTractorsForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks
    I found a tree across my fence after the storms early Friday morning. I now have another brush pile in the edge of the woods nearby. A worker for the tree guy down the road told me last night that it took the crew a whole day to take care of two trees. They are working in a spot where a confirmed tornado touched down about 20 miles away. One resident has 18 trees down on his lot.