JD 4040 tidy up

Thread: JD 4040 tidy up

Thanks

JD 4040 tidy up

Started making some progress tidying up my 4040 which I acquired a few months ago. See a couple of my previous posts. The cab has been stripped out and a new liner kit will be installed after I have upgraded the lighting wiring as I intend fitting more lights for road use including a pair of hazard orange flashing lights mounted each side just under the roof line, better stop & tail lights and a trailer connection. I pulled the mudguards off to make it easier to repaint these and the cab side panels. The cab roof lining is as good as new along with the floor mat and seat and these will be left alone.
    Note the M&W turbo kit that was fitted by the previous owner - quite a tidy install. Also, I am making up a new set of access steps using a pair of JD step treads. Make it easier for cab access for the grand kids, our dog and if there is enough room left in the cab, myself as well.
    While I am still working a Mon to Friday week and other projects on the go, my time on the week-ends is shared around.
    John

John Deere 4040.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aussie John; 05-09-2017 at 06:48 AM.

2. # ADS

Thanks
    Well at least she has a owner that will take care of her in her older years. Looks like the last owner just used her, probably didnt keep up with the maintenance.
    If it isnt broken, dont repair it.