Antique Tractors Forum banner

Another Ford LT 75

21K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  clem k 
#1 ·
Hello everyone while looking around the web for info on my LT 75, I came across your site and wanted to show you what I have. I had this tractor given to me back in 1990. It was damaged when they tried starting it by pouring gas in the carb, it backfired and cooked the carb.I was visiting and got the story on what happened, I was offered it and jumped at the chance.I took it home and began disassembling it to get it running again. I got into the engine honed it out new rings and seals and also new carb. By the time I was done all that was left was the frame. Head to get factory match paint and away we go. It came with a 34" deck and 34" snow thrower with tire chains. Using the same setup as the blower to lift, I built a blade. Not wide enough, I built a wing for it too. That's right a wing, with some cable and pulley points,when I lift the blade the wing picks up too. I can clean a path 6 ft wide. Also built 26 lb weights for each wheel and a bracket that bolts on over the rim then the weight to it. Add some lights front and back and the neighbours know I'm out. Recently I been home from work and am going though the tractor again. I've replaced the cutting edge on the blower and got into the rear end to replace a bearing and do some work on the axle shaft. I've painted the rear fender and will paint the tractor again in the spring. I want to keep it operational at the end of the day so I can play with the blower or blade when it snows. I have a few pics taken along the way. Bad news, says my pictures are too big. I will work on it and attach them when I can I tried adding photos, it says quota is full... Help please

See less See more
#2 ·
Try uploading your pics to a photo hosting website like Photobucket then copy and paste them here one at a time or if you want everyone to always have access to anything in your photobucket account post a link to it and leave it unlocked. I don't particularly like that thought, so I lock each album individually and post each pic. If you need to resize them, then it is easy with the resize button. Jump in with both feet !!!!

#10 ·
gregg said:
Please more details on how you get the wing to lift?[/quote

Hi Greg
It's actually pretty easy, if you notice in the pics there is a cable used to pick it up. The cable is fed from the handle used to lift the blade, to a pulley I made just under the engine bracket, back to the bottom of the bracket for the wing, then to the top of the bracket and down to the wing. There is also a spring that assists in picking it up. Each of the points where the cable changes direction is a 3/8 bolt with a grease fitting drilled into it and a piece of pipe over it allowing the cable to roll. The wing is made out of a 12" plastic pipe cut into thirds and has a wear edge bolted to the bottom.

#12 ·
IMG
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 HelveticaNeue;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red153\green153\blue153;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl360\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs26 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
}

#19 ·
You've built a really good setup! I love that wing! I "inherited" an LT75 this summer that hadn't run for four years. Drained that old gas, installed a new gas line & flushed the tank. Replaced the carb, did a tune up and she's running! As I live in New England I'm looking for a blade and/or snow blower. Anyone out there with suggestiions? Best, Captlee.

#22 ·
update on another lt75

Well I'm at it again a little time off work and the tractor is not safe. Since the last post, last spring I replaced the original Briggs 7HP engine with a Briggs 8HP, 13 years younger, basically the only difference in engines is the stroke so it was easy to swap them out. Stripped the engine to a bunch of parts first then primed and painted it factory colors. I've also brought the tractor down to the frame again sanded it and given it a new squirt of paint making it all shiny again. the latest project is to the the snowblower all sanded up and painted, I've started but am not sure if I want to take it all apart again because we are still in winter. So slow go a little at a time. I'll post pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.