Thanks

Brought the H home today

My wife's grandfather has had this H for years, he used it to plow corn for the farmers market. He quit growing corn about ten years ago and the poor thing has been sitting since. Last week he told me we needed to do something with it, so I told him I would try to get it running. Tuesday I went out there to work on it but had to go back home and get my weed eater. Once I got it cleaned up it looked pretty rough. One of my firefighters offered to help me bring it home. We went out there this morning after we got off duty. He has a flat trailer with a winch and an air compressor on his truck. To me surprise the tires blew up and held air. We used the winch to raise the cultivators and ratchet straps to hold them. We winched the tractor on the trailer, chained it down, and brought it to my house. I figured I would try to turn it over so I borrowed the battery from my 8N. I put it in the H and hit the switch. The starter would spin but it wasn't engaging so I guess I need to pull the starter and work on freeing up the starter drive. It's nice to have it home, and whatever he decides to do with it will be better than rotting in that field. I posted some pictures in the album if anyone wants to see them. Here's a peek.
    Ernie N Ky

Ford 8N
    Case VAC
    Farmall H
    Sears Custom 7

Thanks
    If the tyres are anything to go by, there may be not too much that needs doing.
    1948 W6
    1945 M
    1940 A
    1950 Super A
    1947 Cub
    1955 FC-C
    1960 International B414
    3 furrow No.8 'Little Genius'
    3 furrow Z141 International
    McCormick-Deering A16 mower
    B46 International Baler
    1967 203 International Combine
    20 B&S engines

Thanks
    I don't think it will take much to get it ready to drive around the farm. I would say her working days are about over but she deserves a break.
    Ernie N Ky

Ford 8N
    Case VAC
    Farmall H
    Sears Custom 7

Thanks
    I would check the fluid levels. If any rubber was cracked. It could got water in places it shouldn't. I found that out on my old John Deere LA I got. It sat outside for 10+ years. And water got into everything. Took all new bearings and races to get the transmission and rear end right.