Thread: Propane

Thanks

Propane

Do any of yall use it and are yall doing anything different this year just in case prices spike or the supply is short?

I pre-bought some today for delivery about a month from now. My supplier is delivering mostly only one day a week because it is off season. Other than by businesses, the real users of propane this time of year are by tobacco farmers that use it to cure their crop. If a propane company has a lot of them to service, it will be pretty busy. I've had deliveries made as late as midnight when we grew tobacco.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

Thanks
    we filled our 1000 gallon tank back in july. we'll order a whole truckload and devide it up between us ,the farm and my sis in-laws place so get a good discount. the one im worryed about is kerosen cuzz thats what we heat the shop with and it was 5 bucks a gallon last spring
    Bert.

Thanks
    We use natural gas but I'm planning on getting some wood cut just in case. If my job didn't keep me away for 24 hours at a time I would seriously consider switching to a wood boiler.
    Ernie N Ky

Ford 8N
    Case VAC
    Farmall H
    Sears Custom 7

Thanks
    We and my daughter's family use wood mostly. The propane is for heating water and a backup source of heat just in case. A neighbor installed a wood boiler type stove late last winter to heat his uncle's two story farmhouse. I'm not sure what heated it before, but he said the heating bills last winter were really up there!
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

Thanks
    One of my firefighters has a boiler and he loves it. He lives in an older two story balloon frame house similar to what you described. He has it very well insulated though. He burns about six truckloads of wood a year. One advantage is he can turn the thermostat as high as he wants and it doesn't cost any extra except for the blower motor. I was thinking if I ever got one I could run both greenhouses and my garage off of it also.
    Ernie N Ky

Ford 8N
    Case VAC
    Farmall H
    Sears Custom 7