Thanks

Old oil?????????????

So I drain the rear end of my '48 MH...and refill with 10 gallons of 80-90 Gear oil...no problem...but now what do I do with 10 gallons of dirty oil? How do I transport it? As you can tell, this is my first tractor...

Steve in Maine

Thanks
    Most auto parts places around here have a "used oil tank" that is emptied by recyclers on a regular basis. In order to serve their customers, one may not take 10 gallons all at once from a single person, but you can go over a period of time or to more than one place and get rid of it. Used oil does have some uses on a farm. It is a good to use some 2 or 3 times a year on wooden trailer beds especially if they spend time out in the weather. I have used it on barn and shed siding. It goes on fast with a long nap paint roller. I know folks that burn it using a drip line in their shop wood stoves.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

Thanks
    Thanks, Jim! I'll check around. Now I have to find some large closed containers...guess I could use the old 5 gal 80-90 cans...