Thanks

Does Anyone Know.....

If a GE #284 sealed beam is a 6 or 12 volt light? I have searched the net and checked at a local parts house and haven't found much info on it at all. The last 12 volt ones I bought were 4411s. I want to use it cuz it works on 6 volts but is very dim.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

Thanks
    look real close in good light with a magnifing glass it should say some place in realy small print.
    Bert.

Thanks
    Heck, I cant even find anything at all on a 284 bulb. Whats it go on, Jim?
    1939 F14, 1940 M (Sold), 2 1941 Ms - Consecutive Numbers, 1945 I-4, 1949 Cub, 1972 154 LoBoy

bikerdave wrote: Defication occurrs! RIP My friend!!

Thanks
    It was the rear lamp on my Allis C. I've converted it to 12 volts and changed the fronts to 12 bulbs, I guess I could put 4411s there. The rear one was dim so it may be a 12 volter. I have had this thing under all sorts of light, but the only other markings I can find are "Made in USA" and a "D'. It's gotta be pretty old. The GE logo is in the front center.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in NC View Post
    It was the rear lamp on my Allis C. I've converted it to 12 volts and changed the fronts to 12 bulbs, I guess I could put 4411s there. The rear one was dim so it may be a 12 volter. I have had this thing under all sorts of light, but the only other markings I can find are "Made in USA" and a "D'. It's gotta be pretty old. The GE logo is in the front center.

Oh, that's a good thing!!!!! My bosses dad used to be the AC dealer in town, and he still has some of the old books. Ill look it up and see what I can come up with. Might have been a "cross over" bulb or something that I can find current.
    1939 F14, 1940 M (Sold), 2 1941 Ms - Consecutive Numbers, 1945 I-4, 1949 Cub, 1972 154 LoBoy

bikerdave wrote: Defication occurrs! RIP My friend!!