Thanks

Super A PTO Question

I have a slow persistent oil leak that appears to be where the belt pto housing bolts to the rear pto section of the transmission. I only have shims between the two surfaces and no paper gasket of any kind. Is this right? I don't think silicone was used when these things were originally built.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau

2. # ADS

Thanks
    Dont recall for sure on that part particularly, but on just a PTO unit, I put a thin coat on the shims. Dont ever remember seeing a gasket on any PTO unit except on Hs and Ms, etc with the normal type seal.
    1939 F14, 1940 M (Sold), 2 1941 Ms - Consecutive Numbers, 1945 I-4, 1949 Cub, 1972 154 LoBoy

bikerdave wrote: Defication occurrs! RIP My friend!!

Thanks
    John thanks for your thoughts. Thinking the same as you, I did as you said and put a thin fingertip band of silicon on the shims and cast surfaces. The back or inside shim was stuck hard and fast to the tractor so I left it as is. We'll see if I got it.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau