Thread: Soggy

Thanks

Soggy

One shouldn't sink in mud up to their ankles when trying to get in the garden in July. Some things are getting way
    overgrown, some are dying, and others are getting what looks like blue mold on tobacco from all the wet weather.
    I'm hoping my 'taters aren't rotting in the ground, can't get to them to check unless I want to get stuck in the mud.
    If we don't get some dry sunny weather soon, I can chuck up this years garden to a big loss. Weatherguessers arecalling for normal weather to come by the weekend. Sunny and ninety degrees, but another
    two to four inches of rain before it gets here. Hopefully we can get to normal this year, but we haven't had normal
    since January. Sorry for the rant, just had to vent. I know there are folks around places that are needing a good
    all day soaking rain. Seems an excess of rain can be just as bad as not enough.
    No matter where you go.......There you are.

2. # ADS

Thanks
    Dave, I continue to be Brown and Crunchy and share your pain. On several occasions for the last couple of weeks we have gotten several showers of about "40 drops per acre" as the needed rain passed by us to the north and south. We did get .4" late Friday night here. That's the most at one time in about 6 weeks. Yesterday we got almost a tenth of an inch, but at Becky's about 2 miles away via crow, there is mud this morning in the low spots in our garden there. That plus athe shower on Friday will help for a few days, but the ground combined with the 90 degree temps will only last a few days.

It's hard to sit back and watch all this but we will survive it.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads." Henry David Thoreau