Antique Tractors Forum banner

Allis 175

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Kamilla9 
#1 ·
Any one have a Allis 175? Wondering about the diff lock and rear tire sizes.

:D Al

#3 · (Edited)
I have a 175. John's got the tire size, and no they don't have a diff. lock. If you're looking at a gas powered one, I don't think it would be better on fuel than your 5000. Mine will go through a tank (18 gallon) in six hours working it at pto speed.

#5 ·
My One-Sixty has a diff lock but it was made by Renault, and the exterior (wheels, front axle and sheet metal) was added by Allis. Same basic tractor as the Renault 900. It's the only 100 series that I know had one. Some of the 5000 series had a diff lock, the 5050 for sure, and most of the tractors after the 100 series, 6XXX, 7XXX and 8XXX.

#6 ·
Well guess I won't waste my time or the sellers. I want some thing with trac lock like my Ford 5000.
Probably limit my shopping to a 5000 diesel since I know of no way to know if a tractor has a diff lock or not.

I have a knack for getting stuck and no one around to help pull me out. In this case I am sure I could have powered thru with both wheels pulling at the same time. And if not wrap a chain around one wheel and hook to a tree then lock the diff and pull my self out.

I would not even be looking if the Ford wasn't such a gas hog.

:D Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.