Antique Tractors Forum banner

Choke knobs?

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  old-jd 
#1 ·
Ok I have my 3d printer up and running. I so far have not managed to understand the cheap cad programs enough to be able to get the word "CHOKE" recessed into the plastic. Otherwise Do people here have any interest in a replacement choke knob with steel threads at $5 a piece?I dont have a better picture yet as my printer is acting up, the knob in the back unless you say otherwise.

Blue Product Plastic Electric blue Cone

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't have anything that requires that style of knob, but the concept is sound in my opinion, there may also be a market in automotive reproduction knobs, the beauty of the 3D printer, I would think is that once you have the program written, one piece production is basicly the same time frame as a large run, No??
All I can offer is encouragement at the moment.

#3 ·
Well a 3d printer is best for the single prints. Large runs? Not so much. Printing a knob takes about a hour to print. The rest is clean up and detailing the product. Shift knobs are already available for the jeep as well as some other jeep like items. 3d printing is still in its infancy. Many things are being learned, while there is much more yet to be discovered.

#4 ·
You know how Henry Ford, Pierce Arrow and other vehicles had hood ornaments?

How about a 3D Deere hood ornament? OK, I know they would not be original and may be even tackie.

Something to think about.

Deer Reindeer Silhouette Chamois Antelope

:dance:

#7 ·
I would tend to think that the person that would want a hood ornament would be inclined to use something that wont break easily. Granted now that you have the image you could easily take that to a machine shop and get the emblem cut with a water jet or laser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.