Antique Tractors Forum banner

Took a trip

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  1950AllisWD 
#1 ·
yesterday and look what followed me home
owner said it was a '49 and everything worked. it ran good on and off the trailer, I tried to use the hydraulics and had to wrong pioneer ends on it. Starts and purrs like a kitten. (something i'm not used to) Everything else i own have straight pipes. I'm not sure exactly why i bought it, but it sounded like a good deal.
Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Field

See less See more
#3 ·
i dont know, Ernie
it just seems so strange that you can barely hear it running

#4 ·
I had to look twice to make sure that wasn't my own 77 !!! Then I focused in on the 88 decal..... I mean, that thing looks just about identical to mine except my grille is white. You even have the cast rears. Mine is equipped with a straight pipe and is still very mellow even at full throttle.

You are lucky to be just about in the center of Oliver country. I never saw so much of (the right kind of) green in one place when the Ollies were the featured tractor at Greenville a few years back.

#5 ·
Well I can see a couple of reasons. First you said it sounded like a good deal, Then its a oliver. Third it looks to be a very clean and straight tractor with all the sheet metal. Don't think it gets any better than that?
regards,
Chris

#6 ·
It's a really nice find and I'm sure it will fit right in with the rest of your fleet, straight pipe or not.

#8 ·
I sold it already

#9 ·
Nice looking machine.
I'm not sure exactly why i bought it, but it sounded like a good deal.
You can never have to many tractors.

#11 ·
not according to the landlady/ better half
they all have to fit in our quonset :truce: I'm already storing 2 on my trailer

#12 ·
You'll have to put up one of those cheep hoop buildings.

You outta beable to get a few tractors into one of those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.