Starting Tractors in Cold Weather

Re: Starting Tractors in Cold Weather

Postby bettyp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 pm

bettyp wrote:
Stephenscity wrote:Good hint Wendall!!! Now Betty remember he is sick and probably running a temp and maybe fried his brain just a little :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike you taking up for Wendell ,you don't need to I
know he'll already have excuse and will it sound good.
bettyp

This is the day the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in it.
bettyp
Special Member 2

Postby bettyp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm

missouri massey man wrote:Thanks for helping bail me out guys, but I was really trying to see if MissBetty was asleep at the helm or not...she's been so quiet lately....and we ALL know that is not her nature. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you KNOW, MissBetty, I would NEVER be guilty of making such disparaging remarks against the softer and gentler gender that would be intended for you at all......

Ron and you other guys, you can come out of hiding now...I think the dust is beginning to settle..... :D :? :D :D

Now back to those troublesome women ..errrrrrr TRACTORS now... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now Wendell you know I read every word of your post and always enjoy every word.
Lesson #1 I never nod off while reading your post , too interesting.
Lesson # 2 I'll still be reading your post you may want to watch your Back :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lesson # 3 we are still Friends cause I love your family :) :) :)
bettyp

bettyp
Special Member 2

Postby missouri massey man » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:50 am

bettyp wrote:
missouri massey man wrote:Thanks for helping bail me out guys, but I was really trying to see if MissBetty was asleep at the helm or not...she's been so quiet lately....and we ALL know that is not her nature. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you KNOW, MissBetty, I would NEVER be guilty of making such disparaging remarks against the softer and gentler gender that would be intended for you at all......

Ron and you other guys, you can come out of hiding now...I think the dust is beginning to settle..... :D :? :D :D

Now back to those troublesome women ..errrrrrr TRACTORS now... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now Wendell you know I read every word of your post and always enjoy every word.
Lesson #1 I never nod off while reading your post , too interesting.
Lesson # 2 I'll still be reading your post you may want to watch your Back :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lesson # 3 we are still Friends cause I love your family :) :) :)

Somewhere there is a picture of Snoopy doing the happy dance on his dog house roof.....I'd like to insert that here MissBetty. :D :D :D :D
missouri massey man
Great Member 5

Postby bettyp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks Wendell I know that picture.
But rather see you dancing on the doghouse than Snoopy. :lol: :lol:
bettyp

bettyp
Special Member 2

Postby missouri massey man » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:15 pm

bettyp wrote: But rather see you dancing on the doghouse than Snoopy. :lol: :lol:

MissBetty, I too would rather be dancing on the doghouse than LIVING in it which is where I normally get to spend my time.....and I just can't figure out why. I'm thinking all you women are in cahoots with each other.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
missouri massey man
Great Member 5

Postby bettyp » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Wendell ,there you are ,thought you got mad and was off pouting somewhere. :lol: :lol:
No was wondering if you were sick again . Are you going to get any of this weather that Steve
is getting . Telling us some ice coming in tonight . Sounding bad. Take care up there in Missouri.
bettyp

bettyp
Special Member 2

Postby missouri massey man » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:29 pm

bettyp wrote:Wendell ,there you are ,thought you got mad and was off pouting somewhere. :lol: :lol:
No was wondering if you were sick again . Are you going to get any of this weather that Steve
is getting . Telling us some ice coming in tonight . Sounding bad. Take care up there in Missouri.

Well, I was "incapacitated" for a few days.... and not able to access the interweb adequately with MrsMassey's I-pad. Those touch screens just are NOT user friendly for fat fingers....they are made for the delicate touch of a lady and for me it was verrrrrry difficult to quit pushing all kinds of stuff I didn't want to push !!!!
missouri massey man
Great Member 5

Postby soundguy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 pm

i like some of the diesels I've had that have compression release and you can spin the engine over till you see oil pressure come up then let the valve train catch drop and many times they fire instantly!
soundguy

Postby missouri massey man » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:36 pm

soundguy wrote:i like some of the diesels I've had that have compression release and you can spin the engine over till you see oil pressure come up then let the valve train catch drop and many times they fire instantly!

I've never had that set up I don't believe. At least neither the 4500 nor the 580 Case has it. Interesting though. Of course I bet mid-Missouri sees a little cooler winter on average than you Floridians do.... ;) ;) ;) (sorry soundguy, couldn't resist the opportunity.) HVAC design temp for this area being 5F above Zero.
missouri massey man
Great Member 5

Postby soundguy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 pm

last one I had was a yanmar diesel.. circa 79 or so.
soundguy

Previous

Return to Tractor Talk